Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/17/2010

reuse, recycle (plus mp3).

After finishing a loaf of bread, I always end up with the little ends (or really small pieces) - not enough to make into a sandwich but sometimes too good to toss.  I started saving the ends in a ziplock bag in the freezer for impromptu appetizers or when those water crackers just won't do.  Each time I finish another loaf, the ends just get tossed in the same bag, resealed and ready for reuse down the road.  
The other night I was ready for a little cocktail but not on an empty stomach.  Perfect time to toast the bread ends in the oven a few minutes then top with store bought green olive tapenade and home made chimichurri with my goat cheese stuffed peppadews (seen here).  Final touch: a greyhound (seen here) and some Blonde Redhead....

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment