Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/13/2010

the family cocktail.

If I had to sum my family up in a single cocktail, it would be the greyhound.  Yes, it is an old fashioned drink but it is the one we all can agree on and enjoy (besides wine).  My mom and I are more of the straight up-3 olives martini set, while my brother and dad would rather have a lemon drop with sugar rim!  Ordering cocktails at restaurants is hilarious as the waiters always assume the opposite.

The great thing about this drink is that it combines fresh grapefruit juice (thus using a lot up from my parent's large tree) and icy cold vodka.  It reminds me of an Orange County winter every time....
classic greyhound.
fresh grapefruit juice from about 2-4 grapefruits (depending on how juicy they are)
1 shot of vodka (straight from the freezer)
ice cubes

Juice grapefruits and pour over ice cubes in a 8-10 oz. glass.  Top with vodka and stir to combine.  
I had my greyhound with a few snacks (goat brie, onion marmalade with crackers-yum) while I waited for dinner to finish and got ahead with a little work (gallery crunch time). 

No comments:

Post a Comment