Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

6/15/2012

sweet (healthy) snack.

Another hectic weekend then week meant not a lot of time to shop and cook unfortunately.  I have only made one actual meal, otherwise my panini press has seen a lot of action!  Fortunately, I have a ton of veggies left over from the weekend festivities - so much that the strawberries were starting to look a little bleak.  I roasted them, following Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks' recipe instead of chucking them.  I won't even try to duplicate Heidi's photos, they are gorgeous.  Find the recipe here.

The only change was that I omitted the port wine (not a big port fan so don't have any) but it still turned out divine.  Perfect on top of Greek yogurt and dusted with chopped pistachios for a sweet yet healthy snack....

No comments:

Post a Comment