Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

6/26/2012

summer, officially.

It has been floating between cool, warm and hot over the last couple of weeks in LA.  Since the summer solstice was a few days ago, I hope to say it is officially summer.  With our new exhibition up and an opening behind me, the last couple days have been spent getting back to normal....  Bonus was the opening of the Michael Heizer at LACMA this weekend.  More pictures to come!  

Mass...
Prep...
Cheer...
 
I wish I knew the name of the last photos - flowers I got from Trader Joe's.  They were super cheap ($3.99) and marked "novelty."  Novelty indeed. 

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so neat, I've never seen them before. They look like a wildflower or something.
    Also...that jergens self tanner with spf still has that signature scent, but I don't think it is as strong as the original, definitely a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jac! Aren't those flowers great? I am trying them sans water for now. They lasted a full week already!

    Bummer about the Jergens. It makes me stinky! Have you tried the Josie Maran?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe those are dried-out scabiosa flowers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabiosa) sans petals. So beautiful and delicate - great find, Alisun!

    ReplyDelete