Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

9/09/2011

portable caprese salad.

With a big exhibition opening this week and things pretty hectic (not to mention scorching hot in LA), I haven't had much time or energy to cook.  A really summery salad seemed perfect and while this has been done time after time, I like the mini mozzarella and heirloom cherry tomatoes that makes it a little more portable....
portable caprese salad.
pint cherry tomatoes
container of fresh mozzarella, drained
fresh chopped basil
drizzle olive oil
drizzle balsamic vinegar
fresh ground pepper
pinch of salt
Assemble in an airtight container.  Keep chilled until ready to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea! I'm always looking for ways to make some of my favorite dishes on the go... this fits the bill perfectly!

    ReplyDelete