Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

7/01/2011

tapas + diego garcia

I recently got Diego Garcia's new album, Laura, and love it!  It transforms my little apartment into a Spanish seaside hideway.  Since I have the album on repeat on my Bose, I poured myself a big glass of red wine and made a tapas style dish, mussels with chorizo for dinner.  Piping hot in a shallow bowl with crusty bread for soaking up the wine and tomato broth.  What better way to go for those little mussels!  

mussels with chorizo.
1 pound mussels
1 can chopped tomatoes with juices
1 cup white wine
1 chorizo link, crumbled
1/2 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch red chili flakes
drizzle olive oil 
salt and pepper to taste
handful fresh chopped parsley
In a medium stock pot, add a generous drizzle of olive oil.  Heat up 1 minute and add shallot and garlic and cook about 2 minutes.  Add chorizo and red pepper flakes, sauteing until chorizo is just almost cooked through.  Add wine and tomatoes and bring to a boil.  Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
Meanwhile, clean mussels, rinsing in cool water and pulling off beards.  Add mussels to pot and cover for about 10 minutes until mussels have sprung open.  Discard any mussels that did not open.  Top with chopped parsley and serve with warm crusty bread for dipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment