Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

7/19/2011

car heaven.

This weekend was supposed to be car hell in Los Angeles - the news reports and everyone was talking about the freeway closure deemed Carmegeddon.  Actually, it couldn't be farther from the truth!  Driving around the city was an absolute dream with roads empty and free of nervous drivers.  

I spent the weekend at Eat Real, a food festival in Culver City's Helm's Bakery, art gallery hopping with friends and enjoying the first free weekend in a while!

My favorite display (outside the beer garden, of course!) at Eat Real....
The Flying Pig, one of my fave food trucks....
New herbs: parsley, basil and thyme (making parley-pepita pesto with the remains of my old plant as it has gone to flower), plus these plants helped benefit LAUSD's garden initiative....
Unexpected vanity - unconventional flowers in a girly setting....

No comments:

Post a Comment