Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

2/23/2011

february CA beer.

Since I couldn't drink for a couple weeks, this California beer post is a bit late!  This month's beer is Alesmith Indian Pale Ale.  It is from a San Diego brewery with fantastic beers but I think it is with IPA's that they really excel.  They have a few good pale ales but those tend to be a little boring to me.  This IPA is a strong example of an American IPA - big bold hops with a very Californian citrusy flavor.  
I enjoyed mine with mustard glazed salmon (from this recipe) and sauteed kale (with olive oil, lemon juice and orange zest) spiced couscous (turmeric, garam masala) and chopped dates which brought out the flavors in the beer (plus the dinner was inspired by my recent Lucques trip).  Salut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment