Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

1/27/2011

bedroom updates: phase 2 (before and after)

Last week, I posted this about my bedroom dresser update - a major change!  The most recent update in my bedroom was small, only $50 but with big impact.  

Observe the before - no headboard and tiny lampshades....
While I wait for my dream headboard (I will commission one by my friend & talented designer, Brandon), I hung two canvases horizontally behind the bed to create the illusion of a headboard.  The too-small lampshades were replaced with new larger drum shades.  

The after...
I'm contemplating changing the canvas color, but for now, they add a little brightness - plus they pick up the yellow in the crown pillow my mom made!  Since canvases have been lying around for years (the perk of working in the arts!) - the project only cost me $50 for the shades.  Similar canvases can be purchased at an art supply store for less than $20 each.  

PS - The silhouettes are my brother and I - my parents had them done when we were each about five years old.  I had them scanned, enlarged and printed on color paper about a year or so ago before putting them in inexpensive Michael's frames....

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good Alisun! I love the lampshades and the color of your headboard is great.

    ReplyDelete