Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

1/28/2011

art los angeles contemporary.

LA currently has quite a few art fairs and this year, there will be one more: Armory LA.  My gallery is participating and I could not be more excited!  So instead of doing the usual January contemporary fair, I got to be a spectator for the first time.  Art Los Angeles Contemporary is in its second year - but it is quite similar to Art LA from years past.  My friends Yvonne and Kate joined me for the opening night last night.  While it was very difficult to actually see a lot of the work due to the crowds, I got a few snaps...
...fabulous Larry Johnson at Patrick Painter...
...loved this display at China Art Objects...
...Brendan Fowler's performance piece...
...killer video installation frames...
...my shoes got some oggling as well...
The fair runs through Sunday but the best days are tomorrow and Saturday.  By Sunday, all you have are tired gallery staff and the crowd falls flat!  Be sure to check out Fowler's performance works (running daily through the weekend) as well as some of the other special programming.  

For more info: Art Los Angeles Contemporary

No comments:

Post a Comment