Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/07/2010

rainy evening.

On Sunday nights, I take an amazing yoga class led by one of my favorite instructors, Angela (see her yoga blog under my blog list).  After class, I am so relaxed and in the winter, in the mood for some comfort food.  This recipe is deliciously Italian and pairs perfectly with a glass of red wine, especially when it is raining....

italian sausage and tomato roast.
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2-3 Italian sausages (I use the chicken or turkey)
olive oil
salt and pepper
chopped parsley or basil (if desired)
crusty bread on the side
 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper in a baking dish.  Shake dish to coat evenly.  Roast for about 10-15 minutes.  Remove and add Italian sausage, cut in 1/2 or 1/3.  Continue cooking another 5-10 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with herbs (if using).  Enjoy with crusty Italian bread and a medium-heavy bodied red wine.  

Recommended pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah

This dish makes great leftovers too!  You can either reheat as is, or add to penne pasta or gnocchi.  I usually add a tiny bit of store bought marinara sauce to give it more of a saucy texture and top with parmiggiano cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment