Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/08/2010

christmas tree.

There has only been one year in my life that I haven't had a Christmas tree.  I love them!  I have to get the real kind - not a fan of the fake ones.  As you can tell from the pictures, I'm not exactly a traditionalist!  I have a mix of store bought and homemade ornaments mixed with a few picked up from travel spots like China, Florence, Mexico.  I've been under the weather lately so my friend, Damion, came over to help me decorate....
Instead of a tree skirt (boring and I never found one I actually liked), I scatter pine cones (some are painted gold and silver) and mini ornaments among driftwood pieces and my grandpa's coral....  
Stars never seen to stay upright on a tree - any tree.  Instead, I had this grapevine star that I nestle on the top....
For a little tree trimming floor picnic, I made a cranberry apple crisp to go with our champagne. 

cranberry apple crisp.
3-4 apples (depending on size)
1/3 cup cranberries
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Core and slice apples.  Add to baking dish with cranberries and sprinkle with cinnamon.  In a food processor, combine oats, brown sugar and butter and pulse lightly to combine (over mixing will result in oats chopped too fine).  Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake 20-30 minutes, until fruit is bubbling.  Enjoy warm - with ice cream, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment