Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

10/02/2012

kitchen gadget love.

I think I am in love.  With my new pressure cooker, no less.  I read an article recently about pressure cookers and didn't consider them before that.  By time I finished the article, I told my mom I wanted one.  She read it and said the same thing.  I always thought they were stodgy, dangerous and old fashioned.  The inner rebel in me asks what is wrong with that but the inner realist researched to find the newer models are definitely 21st century!  
So far, I've made carnitas (fantastic) and a chicken tomatillo chile - both super easy and fast.  The chicken tomatillo chile is the ultimate weeknight meal, taking only 10 minutes to cook!  With things so busy these days, I need this kind of help!  
chicken tomatillo chile.
*enough for leftovers
2 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
4 tomatillos, husked and quartered
1 small can mild green chiles
zest of one lime
1/2 onion, chopped
red pepper flakes to taste
salt and pepper to taste
To marinade chicken: place chicken in a bowl and add green chiles, lime zest, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.  Cover and stash in the fridge at least a couple of hours.  I did mine in the morning before work, then took it out in the evening.  

 Heat a neutral oil (canola or grapeseed) over medium heat. Add chicken and green chile mixture, then onions and tomatillos.  Secure lid and bring to full pressure, cooking for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, turn off heat and allow pressure to come down.  Remove lid and spoon out chicken and veggies over rice.  Add a squeeze of lime juice for a little brightness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment