Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/14/2012

spicy fresh cucumber salad.

This salad is my favorite Thai food side - super easy and with a spicy kick.  It can be made in minutes with a mandoline.  No mandoline means slaving over chopping and when a mandoline is only $15, why not make cooking a little easier?!  The fresh nature of this salad is perfect with chicken satay.  I also stash the salad in an airtight container to take with me to work....
 spicy fresh cucumber salad.
1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly with a mandoline
1/2 tbsp honey
about 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
sprinkle red pepper flakes
diced bell pepper (optional for this dish - I didn't use it here but have in the past)
In your serving bowl or airtight container, add honey and rice wine vinegar.  Whisk to blend and dissipate the honey.  Add cucumber (I usually just mandoline this over the bowl) and red pepper flakes.  Chill for at least 1 hour to marinade, stirring occasionally or shaking airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment