Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/01/2012

easy baked donuts.

I'm usually not a big kitchen gadget girl but I do have my wish list of coveted items.  I have been obsessed with the idea of baked donuts ever since I saw the pan at Sur La Table.  When I saw it again at Target, I was hooked and it found its way into my cart. Along with nail polish, thank you notes, shower cleaner...you know, essentials.  I used the recipe on the box and brought them in to my guys at the gallery for a little treat.  They were gone by that evening (M ate three).  This is definitely one to make again.  Next on my kitchen wish list: cannele pan! 
baked donuts.
*makes 1 dozen
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla 
2 tbsp butter, melted
 Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a donut pan with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.  In another small bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter until well combined.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. 
  
Fill your donut pan 3/4 full and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the donuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan. 
 I dipped some in melted dark chocolate chips (melted in microwave), rolled others in cinnamon and sugar and dusted the remaining ones with powdered sugar. 
 
Oh yeah,  I have a dog - a little miniature schnauzer.  His name is Maximilian and he couldn't be sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment