Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

2/14/2012

dog walk breakfast.

Recently, I had my niece doggie, Greta, over for a little dog vacation again.  We took lots and lots of walks, slept late and had a few play dates.  Waking up with this little girl has been heaven...
Since we took a 30 minute walk in the morning, it was nice to have breakfast waiting for me when I came back.  A tiny bit of prep work (with ingredients I always have on hand to make it even easier) and Greta and I were out the door, travel mug in one hand, leash in the other....
baked eggs in spinach and tomatoes.
1/2 canned tomatoes (diced and fire roasted, with juice)
2 tbsp tomato paste or marinara sauce
1/4 cup frozen spinach
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
fresh grated parmiggiano
In an oven proof bowl, combine tomatoes and spinach.  Add egg and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese.  Turn oven on to 350 degrees.  Place bowl in a cold oven and walk out the door.  The heating and cooking will take approximately 30 minutes, depending on your oven (mine takes a little under 10 minutes to get to full temp and then the egg cooks for about 20 minutes).  Return, pop a bagel in the toaster and remove bowl from oven.  Remember that it will be very hot!  Enjoy with a content dog at your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment