Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

2/17/2012

cauliflower: three ways (day 2).

The other day, I posted this about one head of cauliflower turning into three dishes.  I'm not big with mashed potatoes, I prefer the skin on smashed version better.  Potatoes require a lot of butter and cream to give them flavor - something that isn't very practical for a regular week night meal.  If I'm going to have that much fat, then just give them to me fried with a lake of ketchup and a beer instead!  Pureed cauliflower, however, has a lot more flavor and requires less extras.... 
 pureed roasted cauliflower with lemon.
2 cups roasted cauliflower
drizzle good olive oil
1 tsp butter
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 - 1/3 cup fat free half and half

Combine cauliflower, olive oil, butter, lemon juice in a food processor or immersion blender (my new toy).  Add 1/4 cup half and half.  Puree and add additional half and half if necessary to make it smooth but not too runny.  Scoop into a microwave safe bowl and heat about 2-3 minutes until warm.  Add a bit of fresh black pepper on top and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment