Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/30/2011

boozey cookies.

With all the chocolates and sweets floating around, I realized that I had to take a if-you-can't-beat-them-join-them philosophy.  With the new year celebrations this weekend, I thought a little boozey cookie would go perfectly with a glass of champagne!  I can't take credit for this recipe...it comes from the genius that is one of my favorite online mag rags, Sweet Paul.  I love that he made a recipe for non-bakers like me!  Happy 2012! 
chocolate amaretto dreams.
box brownie mix (or store box brownies)
1/4 cup amaretto
sanding sugar (see note)
Bake brownies according to package instructions.  Allow to cool.  Cut away the chewy ends (they are amazing but not for this dish - save them for dipping in coffee!).  Break up the middle with the back of a wooden spoon.  Pour in amaretto and mix to form a soft dough.  Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball then roll in sanding sugar.  Store in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to allow cookies to set. 
 
Note: I didn't have sanding sugar and thought I would take a short cut with powdered sugar and a few red sugar crystals.  Not a great idea - sanding sugar would be much better and would hold the dough together.... 

1 comment: