Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

10/28/2011

healthy version: french fries

Recently, I made THIS - one of my favorite German dishes: currywurst.  Currywurst is served with french fries in Germany and I have never and will never deep fry anything at home.  I make oven baked fries instead and this recipe doesn't make anyone miss the extra fat!  
oven baked (spiced) fries.
1 russet potato
olive oil cooking spray
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp pepper
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Scrub potato and cut into small spears.  In a zip lock plastic bag, add spices and potato spears.  Shake to coat.  Note: I have tried this without the plastic bag and it just doesn't work as well!  Spritz a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray and add potatoes.  Spritz again with olive oil.  Bake about 30 minutes.  Great with currywurst or curry ketchup (ketchup mixed with curry powder to taste). 

No comments:

Post a Comment