Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

10/27/2011

healthy version: currywurst

I love German food and my trip to Germany this summer gave me the chance to try everything and be a little naughty!  I won't exactly do the full fat originals or too much sausage at home (although I ate at least a sausage a day in Munich).  I made one of my favorites, currywurst, with a slightly healthier twist.  The result was amazing - especially with oven baked - not fried - fries (coming soon!)....
healthy currywurst. 
2 chicken or turkey sausage links - can even be hot dogs
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp curry powder - adjust to taste
2 tbsp paprika 
sprinkle of sugar
Heat a saucepan over medium heat.  Cut sausage links into bite sized pieces.  Add a little oil to the pan to prevent sticking.  Brown lightly.  Add tomato sauce, paprika and curry powder.   Simmer for about 5 minutes for flavors to blend and sausage is cooked through.  Enjoy with a good German beer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment