Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

8/01/2011

radishes: day 3.

Last week, I posted this about my $1 bunch of radishes from the farmer's market.  With the actual radishes, I realized I needed a quick dinner for Karen and I after the beach while we washed the sand away and watched Sliding Doors (I love that movie).  Since it was still hot out, I put together a Thai cold noodle salad for a low key Sunday dinner....  
thai noodle salad. 
thai rice noodles - 2 small handfuls (1 handful per person)
4-5 radishes, sliced thin with a mandoline
2-3 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
about 1/4 cup shelled edamame
thai peanut dressing (recipe follows)

Cook noodles according to package instructions.  Drain and rinse completely.  Add chopped veggies and stir in thai peanut dressing.  Serve in bowls with a simple green salad with miso dressing on the side. 
thai peanut dressing.
1 tbsp peanut butter (microwave to thin slightly)
drizzle each:
rice vinegar
soy sauce
honey
grapeseed oil
couple drops fish sauce
shake of sesame seeds
Combine ingredients in a bowl.  Whisk to combine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment