Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

5/05/2011

creative leftovers.

Recently, I posted this about spring roasted vegetables.  J and I had another Indian food craving and I had a ton of leftover basmati rice.  Never wanting good food to go to waste, it was perfect for some creative leftovers.  My other leftovers consisted of the roasted veggies, specifically roasted fennel, carrot and onion I did in the previous post.  Add a few Indian elements and I had a whole new dish....

indian rice salad.
3/4 cup leftover basmati rice
3/4 cup roasted veggies
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp curry 
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup garbanzo beans
1/4 cup frozen spinach
drizzle olive oil
drizzle rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Add rice to an airtight container and drizzle with olive oil and rice vinegar.  Add veggies, spices, beans and spinach.  Stir and test seasoning (adjust if necessary). 
Great with carrot and pear salad with curry vinaigrette! 

A note on photos: I had WAY more pictures but upon loading, my computer insisted they were corrupt and refused to cooperate.  The salad turned out beautiful (shame!) so I will just have to make it again with new pics at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment