Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/08/2011

weekend workout.

This weekend was light - of course it was warm and sunny on Saturday while I was working!  By Sunday clouds rolled in and by Monday the wind.  But it finally seems like spring and my calla lillies are in full bloom....
Since I am finally back to pre-illness shape, I decided to kick things up with a trip to the Santa Monica stairs.  Located at 4th and Adelaide, these 175 steps are sure to demoralize anyone.  The sun just started to peek through the clouds as I stuck to the wood stairs (easier on the joints) and made it through 10 laps before succumbing....




After my stairs workout and pre-yoga (yes, I still went to my usual Sunday night yoga class with Angela), I made a tropical smoothie and a plate of goodies....



tropical smoothie.
frozen mango
1/2 banana
small handful coconut flakes plus a few sprinkles for garnish
1/2 scoop protein powder (I hate the taste so I only use a little)
milk

Blend enjoy.

As for the snacks, they are - naan with Indian eggplant relish, spice roasted chickpeas, goat cheese stuffed peppadews and a few dates for dessert. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. Let's do this together sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure! right after my soreness goes away! ;)

    ReplyDelete