Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/01/2011

oscars viewing.

My friends Damion and Yvonne came over for a casual Oscars viewing on Sunday.  I was going to make an elaborate dinner but since we were planning on being curled up in front of the TV, temperatures dropping outside, I decided to make a menu to match including a panini bar with a variety of fixings and toppings....

appetizers: healthy snacks.
roasted spiced garbanzo beans (recipe seen here)
kale chips:
preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Wash and dry kale leaves (I used black kale).  Cut in half and arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Spray liberally with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast about 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven) until crisp. 
 drinks: champagne (it is the Oscars).
pink champagne (with appetizers)
extra dry brut champagne (with dinner and dessert)
dinner: panini bar. 
I gave my friends lots of options so they could build their own panini.  A hot panini press was ready whenever they were finished assembling.  Mugs of roasted bell pepper tomato soup and a fresh simple green salad rounded out the dinner.  

cheese: goat brie, gorgonzola, cow & sheep's milk
toppings: proscuitto, pears, carmelized onions, peppadews, pickles
spreads: pesto, fig jam, mango chutney, Indian sweet eggplant relish
dessert: tidbits and ice cream sandwiches.
chocolate truffles
fresh dates
sliced pear
crackers
goat brie
ice cream sandwiches

1 comment:

  1. This looks incredible. I love that you had an Oscar viewing party, sounds like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete