Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/15/2011

MOCA opening + gifts

This weekend was filled with work, shopping with mom and dad and the MOCA opening with Angela Saturday.  Gifts - including buying and receiving  - played a big role! But back to the art....

The William Leavitt opening at MOCA on Saturday did not disappoint.  It was a rare treat to experience a retrospective by this quintessential LA artist.  The exhibition transitions Leavitt's early works, to his installation pieces to his more recent works seamlessly.  
Bonus: upon entering the exhibition, Angela and I took a wrong turn to Doug Aitken's mesmerizing video installation in MOCA's selection of permanent collection works. 

For more information, visit MOCA.org

Late last week, I opened my mail to find a work on paper as a gift from my friend, the amazing artist Jennifer Poon (JPoonStudios.com)....
And what better gift to buy J than a bottle of good beer tied with a ribbon to go with his birthday cake?
My parents got me an early birthday gift...I can't say enough about these shoes.  There are no words:

No comments:

Post a Comment