Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

2/17/2011

comfort food.

I was sick for 2 weeks and couldn't stop eating easy comfort food like soup and grilled cheese.  Now that I can actually taste food again, I am still in the mood for something warm but figured I should throw a veggie into the mix!  
roasted stuffed portobello.
1 portobello mushroom
carmelized onions
sundried tomatoes
roasted garlic clove
fresh herb (I used thyme)
fresh ground pepper
olive oil spray
cheese - gorgonzola or bleu would work great
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Scrape and clean portobello mushroom cap.  Spritz a baking dish with olive oil spray and place portobello top down.  Spritz again with olive oil and spread with roasted garlic clove.  Add a layer of carmelized onions, sprinkle with thyme and then a layer of chopped sundried tomatoes.  Sprinkle with cheese and fresh ground pepper.  Bake for about 30 minutes.  Enjoy with a cup of roasted bell pepper tomato soup on the side!
 Disclaimer: I made the mistake of using goat cheese in this recipe in an effort to use it up.  But it didn't melt as well and didn't have as much character as gorgonzola or bleu cheese would have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment