Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

11/09/2010

san luis obispo weekend.

This weekend, my parents and I went up north to the San Luis Obispo Harvest Festival - a weekend full of events, pairings and tastings!  It was fantastic!  The LA heat drifted into chilly, rainy autumn so I grabbed this headband, a few sweaters and got ready for some good central coast wine and food, pumpkin picking, barrel tasting....  

The site of the Saturday event, Avila Beach....

 Ingenious way to have my smoked chicken on tortilla, my Cal Poly chardonnay & my crab bisque all at the same time - the crab bisque bowl is balanced inside the wine glass....
Pumpkin picking on Sunday....
Barrel tasting at Talley Vineyards....
I love wine surprises and got a few from the weekend.  One revelation from the weekend is that the central coast is doing some exciting things with chardonnay.  Another surprise: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo student wines are experimental and mature.  Some of my fave winery stops include Salisbury, Talley, Baileyanna, Tangent and Cal Poly.  Back to normal this week, but at least I have my Tangent Ecclestone white to keep me company!



No comments:

Post a Comment