Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

10/01/2010

bye bye figs.

I am so sad at the end of each fig season!  Yes, I am obsessed with figs - both the taste and the scent.  Because of my family's large (okay, huge) tree, they have been an emblem of late summer for as long as I can remember.  This season has come to an end so I am lucky to have a few things to remind me of the precious few months figs are around....

Last fig appetizer with a friend - figs drizzled with honey with herb goat cheese and rosemary crackers....

Perfect excuse to get out my "Auntie MariAnne glasses" - named for my very stylish late great aunt.  They are the fantastic robin's egg blue wine glasses seen in this picture....


Suggested Wine Pairing:  Petit Syrah 

Fig jam makes the figs last all year (plus it goes with everything)....



The scent of figs is vine-y, rich and slightly sweet.  Since I don't like overly sweet scents, this shower gel by Korres is 90% natural and addicting....

Pacifica makes a convincing (and sexy) Mediterranean Fig - all in a soy based (and lead free) candle.  Pacifica Candles can be found at Whole Foods or online here....

No comments:

Post a Comment