Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

9/24/2010

garden (part i).

I am lucky enough to have a tiny garden at my apartment and the free reign to do whatever I want!  My ideal is a true California native garden with fruit trees and herbs but I make do with drought tolerant plants (propagated from mom & dad's), wild plants and existing landscape. No space for fruit trees but I can do herbs....

Dwarf culinary lavender

Herb garden planter: mint, parsley, basil & rosemary


Easy project - natural plant markers!

Supplies Needed:
Smooth stones (I found mine on the beach)
Rubber alphabet stamps (typewriter)
Permanent ink stamp pad 

lavender + A initial

 Apartment Redux...
To spruce up an otherwise drab apartment entry, I added two large containers with yellow/red kangaroo paws (drought tolerant, especially by the beach) and a railing planter with my dwarf lavender.


The walk between my front garden and my door was pretty boring.  These little CB2 candleholders (at only $1.95 each) with tea lights make add interest while serving a purpose (the lights help guests find my tucked away apartment!)


1 comment: