Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

3/06/2012

easy shaved brussels sprout salad.

I think every kid hated brussels sprouts.  I was no different although I was not against cooking them.  One year when my brother and I were kids - my mom thinks I was 11 or 12, we did an anniversary dinner for them at home.  I cooked and my brother served.  One of the things I made was brussels sprouts and my mom said she still remembers that dish!  I wish I could remember the recipe but it was something French.  This recipe is not French but delicious and a perfect way to mix up the humble sprout....
easy shaved brussels sprout salad.
12-15 brussels sprouts, washed and shaved on a mandoline
1/2 shallot, minced
2 hard boiled eggs, diced
1/4 cup marcona almonds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
generous drizzle olive oil 
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat skillet over low - medium heat.  Add olive oil and shallots and cook 2 minutes.  Add brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.  Stir to combine and allow to cool.  Chill until ready to eat but bring to room temp before serving. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I love brussels sprouts? This looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO not weird! :) I love them too!

    ReplyDelete