Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

1/11/2012

grapefruit rosemary margarita.

With an abundance of grapefruit and no shortage of uses for them, I thought it would be great to try a new boozey grapefruit drink.  I usually drink my weight in greyhounds this time of year but since I was making a big plate of tacos post Runyon Canyon hike with my friend, Lisa, a margarita seemed like a better idea!  Plus - Lisa is a cocktail kind of girl and it was my first dinner in the new place.  Fresh rosemary simmered into a rosemary simple syrup made it refreshing....
grapefruit rosemary margarita.
*serves 2
2-3 shots of tequila
3 shots of rosemary simple syrup (recipe follows)
fresh rosemary sprig
About 1/4 - 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
Add ice to a small glass.  Pour in tequila and rosemary simple syrup.  Top with grapefruit juice and add rosemary spring.  Stir well.  Salut! 

rosemary simple syrup.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 sprigs fresh rosemary

Heat a saucepan over medium heat.  Add sugar and water, whisking to dissolve.  Add rosemary and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.  Allow rosemary to steep 30 minutes and discard.  Pour syrup to an airtight bottle or jar and chill at least 1-2 hours. 

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of making rosemary simple syrup. Nice idea for a drink recipe. It sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete