Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/22/2011

holiday time.

With the recent move, I haven't had much time for anything festive - that is, until this week.  Since I haven't had time for a tree, I brought out a couple things (including a mini tree) to make up for it!  My friend, Lisa and I walked to the Grove (yes, walked-the new place is close) for a little shopping, etc.  We took in the millions of lights on a heated outdoor patio with cocktails (a very delicious French 75 - recipe below)....  I finally feel ready for Christmas!  

Decorated coffee table - with mini tree, branches, antlers, pinecones and mini ornaments...
 Faux snow and real cranberries provide a little bed for tealights...
Holiday sparkle and some new earrings (blue jeweled drops)....
Grove lights, as viewed with a cocktail in hand...
French 75.
(for one)
3 tbsp gin
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp simple syrup
1/4 cup sparkling wine or Champagne
handful of ice cubes

Add gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and ice cubes to a cocktail shaker.  Shake for about 30 seconds.  Strain into a champagne glass or flute and top with sparkling wine or Champagne.  Garnish with lemon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment