Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

11/25/2011

sauteed apples.

After all of the necessary indulgence for Thanksgiving (my mom's pumpkin cheesecake for one), my favorite thing post-Thanksgiving are sauteed apples.  They are sort of apple pie, without the pie.  I know this will sound sound sacrilegious, but I am not a fan of apple pie.  It is too cloyingly sweet and doesn't taste like real apples!  This is a good, breakfast alternative for a Thanksgiving hangover....
sauteed apples.
*recipe is for one serving, double or triple if making for 2-3 people 
2 small apples, cored and sliced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp butter
 
Heat butter in a skillet over low heat.  Add apples and spices.  Raise heat to about medium and saute a few times.  Cook for 4-5 minutes.  Saute again to cook evenly.  Cook another 3-4 minutes.  Saute again and remove from heat.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment