Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

11/17/2011

easy pumpkin waffles.

Pumpkin waffles - along with apples and cold nights - are the signs of fall to me.  I am one of those canned pumpkin hoarders!  Why they don't have it year round at Trader Joe's is beyond me.  Okay - spring and summer get a pass but I wouldn't have to stock up September through March otherwise!  

I know there are now pumpkin baking mixes but they don't taste as pumpkin-y as this one cheater (pancake mix + canned pumpkin) does....  Warmed syrup and a sprinkling of chopped pecans make for a cozy morning in!  
easy pumpkin waffles.
* recipe is interchangeable - makes great pancakes too! 
**I make more than enough waffles and freeze the rest - like I did here
Trader Joe's multigrain baking mix (follow instructions on the box)
2 tbsp canned pumpkin
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend
Heat waffle iron until very hot.  Spritz with cooking spray if needed to prevent sticking.  In a bowl, mix baking mix until smooth.  Add canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.  Stir to mix.  Drop about 1/3 cup in each waffle mold and press.  If freezing, slightly undercook (the toaster will take care of the rest) and cool completely.  If enjoying right away, top with butter, warmed maple syrup and chopped pecans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment