Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

11/30/2011

cranberry relish.

One of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes is a cranberry relish my mom makes.  One year, she didn't make it and I was crushed!  It is the perfect fall/winter dish and with a food processor, super easy to make.  Not exactly your usual can of cranberries!  

This also makes amazing leftovers - and not just in a bowl with a spoon....  I love it in my turkey sandwiches (with a spread of goat cheese-yum) but also swirled in Greek yogurt with a sprinkling of pumpkin granola!  
cranberry relish.
*serves a crowd
1 bag fresh cranberries
2 green apples, peeled
1 bag frozen raspberries (thawed)
1/4 cup sugar
 
In a food processor, add cranberries and pulse until chopped.  Pour into a bowl.  Add green apples and pulse until chopped.  Add to the bowl with the cranberries.  
 
 Stir to combine and add sugar.  Stir again.  Add raspberries and stir again.  Allow to sit about an hour in the fridge to allow flavors to combine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment