Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

11/02/2011

apple panini.

With my recent apple picking trip, I have a ton of apples.  This time of year is perfect for apples, pears and grapes.  The farmer's market is teeming with them and I've come up with multiple ways to use them up and not get tired of them at the end of the season....  My favorite new panini with crisp apples, goat brie and a generous spread of seedy mustard is great after a long day with a mug of butternut squash soup.
apple brie mustard panini. 
baguette
1/2 apple, sliced thin with a mandoline
2-3 slices of goat brie (or regular brie)
mustard with seeds (mine is from Trader Joe's)
Heat panini press while assembling panini.  Cut baguette and spread each side with mustard.  Layer apple slices and brie.  Transfer to panini press and cook until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.  Meanwhile, heat up butternut squash soup and pour a glass of red wine! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going nuts over this panini. You had me at "layer apple slices and brie". I'll be dreaming about this until I make it.

    ReplyDelete