Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

10/05/2011

salmon puff pastry.

Now that I can turn my oven on again since the nights are getting chilly, this recipe is my favorite thing to make since it takes advantage of tomatoes still in season.  I picked up some fantastic heirlooms (brandywine of course), some wild caught Pacific salmon and poured a glass of white wine for a cozy night in....
salmon puff pastry with tomato and pesto.
from Epicurious
1 piece of salmon, skin removed
1 piece of puff pastry, just slightly larger than salmon
1 tbsp. pesto
2 slices of tomato
1-2 slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  On a baking sheet, cover with foil and spritz lightly with cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).  Arrange salmon and puff pastry on the sheet (not touching).  Sprinkle slivered almonds on top of salmon.  Bake for 10-15 minutes until salmon is cooked and puff pastry is golden brown.  Remove and layer puff pastry, pesto, tomato on a plate.  Top with salmon and enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I made this for dinner a while back and it tasted so good. You've definitely reminded me that I need to make it again.

    ReplyDelete