Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

10/19/2011

fresh israeli couscous.

I love Israeli couscous - the little pearls beg for something really fresh mixed in.  I found a few mushrooms in the fridge and some green onions - perfect for a light blend of toppings for lunch on a scorching (80-90 degree heat!) mid-October....  
fresh mushroom israeli couscous.
1 cup cooked israeli couscous
handful of crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed, sliced
3 green onions, diced
1-2 tbsp. pine nuts
drizzle of white wine or champagne vinegar
EVOO
salt and pepper to taste

Cook couscous according to package instructions.  Heat oil on a small skillet.  Add green onions and mushroom slices.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Remove and combine with couscous in an airtight container.  Drizzle with vinegar and toss in pine nuts.  Keep chilled until ready to eat.
Note: I had more photos but my computer is insisting they are corrupt (again). Of course, this was after I deleted them from the camera.... C'est la vie!

1 comment: