Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

9/21/2011

margarita ice pops.

For a recent BBQ, I made margarita popsicles that had even the sweets-hater finishing one and licking his fingers.  They aren't exactly sweet - boozy enough but still shy of cocktail status.  Summer's last surge had me making them again this weekend after yet another long day at work....
margarita ice pops.
*makes 4 popsicles

1 cup margarita mix
1 shot tequila
2 tbsp Thai basil simple syrup - or 2 tbsp triple sec (I usually make simple syrup to the full recipe and keep it in the fridge in an airtight container)
salt for garnish
Combine margarita mix, tequila and simple syrup or triple sec in a bowl.  Stir to combine.  Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.  Because of the alcohol, the pops require extra freezing time and still turn out a little slushy.  To unmold, run the popsicle molds under warm water and release.  Dip in salt for a little added zing! 

1 comment:

  1. yum yum yum, I was so excited when I discovered Trader Joe's makes margarita mix.

    ReplyDelete