Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

2/03/2011

eggplant challenge: day 2.

Another sunny California day, another day to use up my giant eggplant.  Yesterday, I posted (this) about eggplant caponata, today, I made another recipe using up my eggplant.  Let's see if I can go a few more days without getting sick of eggplant....
eggplant tofu stack.
eggplant slices (drained)
slices of tofu (also drained on a paper towel at least 10-15 minutes)
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
herbes de provenance
salt and pepper to taste
garnish of microgreens (or fresh herbs such as parsley or basil)

Follow instructions from previous post on how to drain eggplant. 
Marinade eggplant and tofu overnight in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbes de provenance, salt and pepper.  Remove and reserve marinade.
 Preheat grill on medium.  Add eggplant and grill until charred marks appear.  In a non-stick skillet, spray with olive oil and heat on medium.  Add tofu and saute on both sides until crisp.  Each will take about 4-5 minutes per side.
 Layer tofu and eggplant on a plate - in my case I brought it to work so it was layered in an airtight container.  Drizzle with reserved marinade and garnish with microgreens (or fresh herbs).

No comments:

Post a Comment