Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

12/30/2010

new year's day brunch idea: panettone french toast

My mom gave me a bunch of leftover Christmas panettone and I though the best way to use it up would be to make it into french toast.  Since the new year is around the corner, I thought I would try out my brunch idea - a great way to ring in 2011 and enjoy while watching the Rose Parade!  

Instead of my usual morning fruit salad, I placed the orange, blood orange and grapefruit segments in a fancy goblet with a splash of champagne....
panettone french toast.
slices of panettone (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick)
1 egg
splash of non-fat milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven on low or 200 degrees.  Mix egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and pour into a shallow dish.  Preheat non-stick pan on the stove on low-medium heat.  Soak bread in egg mixture thoroughly and place slices in the heated pan.  Cook evenly (about 3 minutes per side).  Transfer to plate in the oven to keep warm.  Best with warmed maple syrup!
I also made an egg (broke the yolk but nothing a little grated parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper on top couldn't fix) and a slice of turkey bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment