Yes, my name really is spelled that way.

11/12/2010

squash two ways (plus mp3).

Although it is another warm day, the evenings have been cool enough for me to turn on my oven. The other night I roasted a whole butternut squash in two batches plus 1/2 of an acorn squash and made not only dinner but also lunch for the following day. 
Dinner.
1/2 butternut squash
1/2 acorn squash
1 red onion
2 apples
olive oil
salt & pepper
fresh rosemary

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut everything in bite size pieces and the onions into thick rings.  Roast on a foil lined baking sheet for about 30 minutes.  Add rosemary in the last 5 minutes of cooking. There will be leftovers if cooking for one but they reuse well.  This is a good amount for 2!
I had this with a pork tenderloin while playing somewhat-oldie-but-goodie Massive Attack's spring 2010 album Heligoland (they recently came to LA's  Gibson Ampitheater but I missed it):

At the same time, I used the other half of the butternut squash to make this....

Lunch.
Butternut squash (cut into bite sized pieces)
sundried tomatoes, chopped
crumbled feta
fresh parsley, chopped
pepitas
drizzle olive oil
drizzle apple cider vinegar

Roast squash the same as recipe above in a separate pan.  Cool and combine with remaining ingredients in an airtight container the next morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment